The featured church for June 2016 is St Anne, Sutton Bonington, in the south-west of the county.
The building consists of a nave, north aisle, a chancel, south porch and a bell turret. The 13th century north arcade with circular and octagonal piers and moulded capitals and the north aisle itself form the earliest part of the church.
Interior features include a square-headed piscina niche in the chancel, a 14th century octagonal font and an impressive carved reredos of stone and alabaster.
The church has many stained-glass windows dating from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, some by the Kempe Studio dating between 1897 and 1901.
There is also a damaged effigy of a knight in armour from c.1475 with a Yorkist collar of suns and roses.
Further information on the church is available on the Southwell & Nottingham Church History Project website.