The church is built of limestone, largely in the style of the early Decorated period, and consists of nave with north aisle and north clerestory, chancel with vestry to south, and embattled west tower with pinnacles. The tower holds three bells cast in 1452 which form one of only two peals of pre-Reformation bells in Nottinghamshire.
The church was restored in 1845. The west gallery in the tower chamber and the staircase leading to it also date from this time.
A single Decorated statue niche is set diagonally at the junction of nave and chancel. Above it is a further single arched and cusped niche with a crocketed hood mould, finial and label stops.
The chancel windows appear to be from c.1300, the nave windows are early Decorated in style, as is the north arcade. In the nave there are Perpendicular roof bosses.
Further information on the church is available on the Southwell & Nottingham Church History Project website: