The church comprises a nave and chancel under one roof, a south porch, and a vestry on the north side of the chancel. At the west end of the nave is a small bell turret. The core fabric dates from c.1100-1125 with a south aisle added later in the 12th century. The aisle was demolished and the arcade blocked up before 1748. It is evident from the truncation of the westernmost blocked aisle arcade that the church once extended further to the west.
There are 12th and 13th century windows. The bell turret dates to the 18th century as does a sundial located at the south-west angle of the nave.
The east window was installed in memory of Louise Blanch, wife of C. G. S. Foljambe of Cockglode house, near Edwinstowe, who died in 1871 aged 29.
At the west end of the nave is a slightly tapering, circular, 12th century tub font.
There are fragments of medieval incised slabs by the entrance to the nave and a small brass in the chancel floor to Sir John Mazine, ‘honorary keeper of the Royal Stable’ and the Earl of Newcastle’s master of horse, who died in 1677.