The featured church for July 2018 is the church of St John the Baptist, Misson, which is in the north of the county, 4 km to the east of Bawtry.
The church is an embattled building consisting of chancel, 3-bay nave, north and south aisles, stone-vaulted south porch and west tower with angled buttresses, crocketed pinnacles and a clock and 6 bells. It dates mainly from the 14th century, but parts of the chancel are of the 13th century. The building was restored in 1882 when the gallery and organ were removed.
The arcades are of 3 bays with octagonal piers on the south and circular on the north. The arches of the north arcade are less pointed than those of the south arcade.
Inside, there is a 15th century square piscina and a font dated 1662 with an octagonal plinth and bowl. The pulpit (with tester) was restored in the 20th century using 17th century panelling which is decorated with roses and fleur-de-lys.
An oak chancel screen was erected in 1906, and in 1920 the Lady Chapel was restored as a memorial chapel to those parishioners who fell in the First World War.
In 1894 the church was struck by lightning and the tower was damaged, the clock destroyed and the bells partly melted and broken. A restoration followed when a new clock was added and the bells were recast.