The church consists of chancel, nave, north and south aisles with arcades of three bays, a mausoleum on the south side of the chancel and an embattled north west tower with three bells. A flat-roofed vestry, later converted to a kitchenette, was added to the south side of the mausoleum in 1970.
The church was radically rebuilt c.1812 in Gothick style by Pendock Barry Barry, the son of the owner of Tollerton. The tower and some of the walls were demolished, the roof removed and the interior cleared of its fittings. A gallery pew was erected at the west end, complete with fireplace for the Barry family, and an entrance vestibule with two small vestries either side was built with a new tower above to house the three bells. The tower was modelled on Magdalen College chapel at Oxford where both the landowner, Pendock Barry, and his son had studied. A mausoleum was also added outside on the south side of the chancel for Barry family burials and an embattled five-bay arcaded wall was built to provide a covered walkway between the hall and the church.
Further work on the chancel was undertaken by Barry in 1842 and another restoration took place in 1908.
The Barry mausoleum is separated from the south aisle by an elaborate neo-Greek wrought-iron gate. The interior is lit by a glass ceiling on three semi-circular arches. An imposing memorial to Pendock Barry’s wife Susannah (d.1811) dominates the east wall; smaller memorial obelisks in north and south niches bear unusual inscriptions.
An unusual and rare 12th century pillar piscina (used to wash the chalice after Communion) with a diapered shaft and capital-like top with scrolls can be found in the sanctuary.
There are eight hatchments hung in the church, dating from 1770 to 1875.