The church as we see it now was built in two phases in 1901 and 1906, replacing an iron mission church erected in 1898. It is built of red Nottingham brick with Bath limestone facings and is of simple design except the west end on Pierrepont Road which has features of the Arts and Crafts movement, e.g. oak doors with iron fittings and a beaux-arts style eyebrow window. The architect was W. R. Gleave of Nottingham.
It consists of a nave, a chancel, baptistry (which doubles as a meeting/utility room and kitchen), porch, and gable turret at the west end with a single bell.
There are four plain windows each side of the nave. The stained east window by Hincks of Nottingham shows Jesus as ‘King of Kings’ and was installed in 1950. In the entrance porch is a semi-circular stained window by Michael Stokes dating from 1991. The windows in the former baptistry depict nativity scenes designed by Norman and Underwood of Leicester (2005).
The pipe organ was built in 1932 by Wragg & Sons of Nottingham.
The ornate oak pulpit was originally gifted to St James’ Church, Nottingham (demolished in 1935) in 1898 and was eventually acquired by Lady Bay church in 1955. The oak font has a brass and copper handle to the cover and was donated in 1950 to commemorate the consecration of the church.
There are plain oak choir stalls and altar rail, reader’s desk and lectern (1912) and a modern oak bishop’s chair.
There are no monuments or war memorials in the church.