A grant of £2,500 has recently been released following completion of a major restoration project to replace the roof over the sanctuary space (see illustrations). The church is Grade II listed, one of only a handful of listed buildings in the vicinity. Formerly it was a Congregational Church and there has been a worshipping community on the site since 1651. The current church building was completed in 1906 and built in the Gothic free style. It is well built as is common with Victorian churches of this period; the brickwork is perfectly parallel and is a national example of good practice. Contained within are some unusual features such as an organ in its original unaltered condition, and curved pews that form ripples from the pulpit.
In addition to regular worship in the church, there is a high level of community use and this was an important aspect which greatly helped in obtaining funding to put the new roof in place. Nottinghamshire Historic Churches Trust, alongside other funding organisations, is delighted to have made a contribution.