The featured church for March 2020 is St Paul’s church, West Drayton, which is located 6 km south of Retford. Historically it was ecclesiastically annexed to East Markham church.
The small church consists of chancel and nave only with a bell turret containing two bells at the west end.
The 12th century south doorway has scalloped label moulding and zigzag ornament on the front and soffit above. There is a medieval stoup in the church.
A complete medieval cross slab decorated with a round-leaf bracelet cross rising from a stepped base and a sword has been fixed upright to the interior west wall. The upper section of a smaller incised cross slab is built into the same wall under the west window.
There are 15th century windows. The stained glass east window was erected in 1895 as a memorial to James Mudford and is by Lavers and Westlake of London; there is another window another for the Rev George Brameld, and two for Dr John Housley dated 1907.
The church was restored in 1874.