The church consists of a chancel, clerestoried nave, north and south aisles, south porch and west tower.
The ‘short and sturdy’ west tower dates from the 13th century and contains an important bell-frame dating from the 15th century. The north and south tower walls contain substantial blocked arches proving the sides of the tower ‘were formerly embraced by the aisles.’ The top of the tower was rebuilt during the restoration of 1885 by G. Somers Clarke Junior.
The aisles, chancel and clerestory are Perpendicular in style.
The 3-bay arcades date from the 14th century.
The pulpit is probably from the late 17th century and has a tester on two ‘wild-man’ brackets.
The font with elaborate diaper moulding to the sides and carved lilies underneath is probably from the 1880s restoration.
In the south aisle there is an incised tomb slab from c.1300 depicting ‘a knight wearing chain mail armour and a belted surcoat, with armoured shoulder plates and spurs, his feet resting on a small, long-eared dog. The shoulder plates have enabled a fairly precise dating of this tomb, for they were only used for a short time.’
Further information on this church is available from the Southwell & Nottingham Church History Project website.