The church consists of a chancel, nave, north and south aisles, south porch and a west tower. The east wall of the south aisle contains a blocked arch which once provided access to a former chantry chapel that was demolished in 1764.
The earliest part of the church is the lowest stage of the tower which dates from the 12th century. The upper stage is 13th century and there is a pyramidal roof added in the late 19th century.
The nave and aisles were built in the 13th century, the clerestory in the 14th century and the chancel was thoroughly rebuilt in 1890.
Inside there are several interesting monuments: a foliated cross slab from the 13th century and two 14th century effigies. The church is notable for it the number of fragments of 14th century stained glass in its windows. There are also several panels of a 14th century Easter Sepulchre on the north wall of the chancel.
Further information on the church is available on the Southwell & Nottingham Church History Project website: http://southwellchurches.history.nottingham.ac.uk/fledborough/hintro.php