The featured church for February 2016 is St Mary Magdalene, Walkeringham, located in the north-east corner of the county. It consists of an embattled west tower with eight pinnacles, clerestoried nave, chancel, north and south aisles, and a south porch.
The exterior is late medieval but the two almost identical aisle arcades inside have 13th century capitals and octagonal piers. The nave and chancel roofs (with carved bosses), the clerestory and tower arch are all Perpendicular in style.
The tall 15th century chancel screen was taken down in the 1930s and the top section converted to a vestry by the then vicar.
The font is dated 1663 and there is a plain octagonal pulpit.
The imposing monument to Francis Williamson, who died in 1639, and his family was sculpted by Edward Marshall in 1659. The life-size kneeling figures of Williamson and his wife face each other, below are their three sons.